Police Blotter: Oct. 14 - Oct. 19

The police blotter is a report of criminal activity going on in Ypsilanti and Eastern Michigan University during the week of Oct. 14 through Oct. 19.

Monday, Oct. 14

·      Threats via telephone for harassment and threats was reported at 1200 Oakwood St. at 3:32 p.m. The case is open.

·      Larceny by stolen mail was reported at 603 Washtenaw Ave. at 4:12 p.m. This case is closed.

Tuesday, Oct. 15

·      Burglary and forced entry of a home was reported at 2:05 p.m. at 389 Second St. It was declared a home invasion. This case is closed.

·     Assault / battery / simple including domestic and on a police officer was reported at 804 Armstrong Dr. at 7:24 p.m. This case is pending Ac.

·     Damage to  business property by graffiti was reported at 9:28 p.m. at the Cob parking structure. 

Wednesday, Oct. 16

·     An individual was reported of operating a vehicle under the influence of drugs at E Michigan Ave. and Prospect St. at 4:44 p.m. This case is pending Ac.

·     Personal property was stolen from a vehicle at 214 N Normal St. at 9:04 a.m. This case is now pending Ac.

Thursday, Oct. 17

·      Vehicle theft by unlawfully driving away was reported at 214 N Normal St. at 6:07 a.m. This case is pending Ac.

·      Aggravated / felonious assault – non-family – by other weapon was reported at 309 Ballard St. at 10:20 p.m. This case is closed as of Oct. 18.

Friday, Oct. 18

·     Failure to appear (FTA) was reported at Ballard St. and W Cross St. at 12:25 p.m. This case is now closed as of Oct. 18

Saturday, Oct. 19

·     Obstruct Police was reported by an individual telling false information to a police officer. The individual was also driving with a suspended or revoked license. The crime occurred at Ann St. and Huron River Dr. at 1:32 a.m. This case is closed as of Oct. 19.