Roundup: Eastern Michigan football searching for first win

Eastern Michigan University will try for its first win at 7 p.m. Friday, while Toledo hopes to keep its bowl chances hopes alive.

It’s the first of two road games to end the season for the 0-6 (0-10 Mid-American Conference) Eagles. UT is 4-6 (2-4).

“They’ve been a little up and down, so it’ll be interesting to see if we can move the ball,” coach Ron English said in his weekly teleconference. “They have an outstanding group of receivers, we’ve got our work cut out for us.”

Toledo and EMU are two of three in the conference that allow more than 400 yards per game. However, UT scores 13 more a game.

Toledo won 41-17 in the last meeting Sept. 13, 2008. It leads the series 25-11 and is a 19-point favorite.

“I think you seem them starting off very well, and then they’re giving up a big play,” UT coach Tim Beckman said about EMU in his weekly teleconference.

The game is to be broadcast on WEMU 89.1 FM and BCSN in the Toledo market. The Eastern Echo staff will be live blogging on EasternEcho.com.

Volleyball loses in first round
Central Michigan defeated EMU on Tuesday in the first round of the MAC tournament in Mount Pleasant.

The match went five sets (18-25, 27-25, 23-25, 30-28, 14-16). Senior Victoria Randolph had 12 kills and 10 digs, and senior Kim Jarzynka had 13 digs.

Compiled by sports editor Justin Souva. Staff writer Kevin Pool contributed.