Roundup: Men's track and field gain 15 recruits

The Men’s track and field added 15 recruits, 10 of whom are from Michigan. The state’s stand outs include Robert “Max” Babits (Fowlerville) a Division II State pole vault champion and Dalton Bates (North Branch) also a Division II State Champion in 300 hurdles.

“I am very pleased to welcome this class to EMU,” Coach John Goodridge told emueagles.com.

“Many of these individuals have the opportunity and talent to have an immediate impact for us. It includes school record holders, state champions, a national champion and two athletes with high national rankings,” Goodridge said. “An important factor in their recruitment was that every one of them was touched by the great tradition and championship experiences that EMU Track and Field has to offer, so I know they will embrace this challenge.”

The Eagles open their 2010-11 campaign at the Bob Parks track at Bowen Field house Dec.10th.

Football

The Eagles football team plays at 3:30 p.m. this Saturday as they play the Buckeyes at Ohio State University. The Buckeyes are a 44 point favorite over the visiting Eagles. The game will air on ABC.

Ice Hockey

Eastern Michigan Club Ice Hockey is slated to skate at Michigan Stadium in a game titled “The Outdoor War.” According to the team’s webpage no opponent has been named, but the game is slated for December 8th at 8:30 p.m.