Police Blotter

Oct. 3

A subject was issued a trespass notice after creating a disturbance in Sellers Hall at 12:05 a.m.

An underage subject returned to Sellers Hall intoxicated at 4:47 a.m.

A GPS system and wallet were taken from a vehicle in the 2000 block of Whittaker Road at 2 p.m.

An attempted home invasion took place in the 600 block of Woburn Drive at 1 p.m. A suspect tried to kick in the back door, but was unsuccessful. The suspect then broke a window and the homeowner, who was inside, yelled and saw several subjects running away from the scene. They did not gain entry into home and nothing was taken.

A gas range, refrigerator, television set and dog cage were taken from a home in the 3000 block of Morris Street at 2 p.m.

Deputies responded to the 2000 block of Colony Way after a vehicle struck a house. Deputies came into contact with the driver and determined he had operated a vehicle while intoxicated. The driver, a 27-year-old male was not injured, but was arrested.

Oct. 4

A subject was cited for urination in public in front of Walton at 10:43 p.m.

A male guest was cited in Sellers Hall at 11:15 a.m. after he created a disturbance in a hallway and threatened an EMU student.

A digital camera and car stereo were taken from an unlocked car in the 1000 block of Gault Drive at 7 a.m.

Oct. 5

At 8:30 p.m. in the Oakwood Guest Parking Lot, a female EMU student reported she was approached by two males on foot while sitting in her vehicle. The first male approached the victim and demanded her vehicle while the second stood on the passenger side of her vehicle. When the victim refused to give up her vehicle, the suspect pulled her from it. After a brief struggle, the suspect got into the victim’s vehicle and tried to start it. The victim struggled with the suspect some more and then started screaming for help. Two witnesses approached the victim and the suspects fled on foot. The suspects fled in the southwest direction from the lot. The victim’s backpack was stolen by the suspects.

A student was shot with a pellet gun outside of Buell Hall at 12:33 a.m.

A burgundy 1997 Plymouth Breeze was stolen in the 2000 block of East Ellsworth Road at 10:30 a.m. The suspect opened an unlocked door to gain entry and took the vehicle by unknown means.

A man was arrested on Ford Road near Michigan Avenue after deputies responded to a suspicious person complaint. The deputies determined the subject was wanted on several warrants including driving with a suspended license.