The Eastern Echo Friday, Sept. 20, 2024 | Print Archive

Police Blotter

Oct. 15

In the 1000 block of Parkwood Street, a burglary took place when a suspect removed a screen and broke out the bottom of a two-pane window. The suspect then reached into the bedroom window, unlocked it and stepped through to gain entry around 7:05 p.m. Miscellaneous clothing and a computer were taken.

Oct. 16

An intoxicated minor discovered in Walton Hall at 12:54 a.m. was transported to a hospital.

A red 1999 Dodge Caravan was stolen from the 2000 block of Eastlawn Street after a suspect opened an unlocked door to gain entry around 6 a.m.

A laptop was taken from a residence in the 1000 block of Andrea Street after a subject pried open a window and crawled through to gain entry at 10 a.m.

Oct. 17

A subject on Oakwood Street was arrested at 2:09 p.m. on an EMU bench warrant for failure to appear.

Illegal use of a lost Eagle One Card was reported in Pittman Hall around noon.

Miscellaneous tools were taken from a garage in the 1000 block of Hull Street at 5 p.m.

A GPS system and heat detection device were taken from an automobile in the 1000 block of Grove Road at 7 a.m.

In the 2000 block of International Drive, an attempted strong-armed robbery took place. The victim was walking out of her building when she was approached by three suspects. The first suspect knocked her down and the second attempted to grab her purse while she was on the ground. The victim screamed and the three suspects took off running around 11 p.m.

Oct. 18

A homeowner in the 1000 block of East Forest Avenue woke up and saw a suspect standing in his bedroom. The homeowner chased the suspect out of his residence at 2:25 a.m. A television set and DVD player were taken.

Four speakers, a car stereo and an amplifier were taken from an unlocked car in the 200 block of South Hewitt Road at 4:30 a.m.

An Xbox 360 and iPod were taken from a home in the 900 block of Maplewood Avenue while the homeowner was asleep at 5:45 a.m.

During a traffic stop on Washtenaw Avenue near Golfside Drive, deputies discovered the driver was wanted on six outstanding warrants including retail fraud and possession of amphetamines.

Oct. 19

A subject was cited for trespassing in Sill Hall at 6: 44 p.m.

An individual was arrested on an EMU failure to appear bench warrant, for assault on a police officer on Huron River Drive

In Walton Hall, a student reported their property was stolen from a reportedly locked room at 9 p.m.

A subject with several warrants resisted arrest and assaulted officers on Huron River Drive at 7:20 p.m.

Deputies assigned to the 8000 block of West Plymouth Road responded to a burglary complaint. A suspect had pried open a door to gain entry around 9:20 a.m. A large amount of miscellaneous tools and a yellow 2009 Baja minibike were taken.