Police Blotter

Oct. 20

A burglary took place in the 100 block of Russell Boulevard. Deputies said a suspect kicked in the front door of the residence to gain entry around 7 p.m. A television and DVD player were taken.

Deputies responded to a disorderly conduct complaint in the 1000 block of Pasadena Street. They came into contact with a subject and discovered he was wanted on several outstanding warrants. The subject was arrested without incident and lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail.

Oct. 21

In Phelps Hall, students were found in possession of drug paraphernalia at 11:39 p.m.

Damage to property occurred in Sellers Hall after a subject sprayed a fire extinguisher inside of the kitchenette at 8:46 p.m.

On Oakwood Street, a subject was arrested on an EMU bench warrant for driving with a suspended license at 6:30 p.m.

A television, laptop computer and miscellaneous jewelry were taken from a residence in the 5000 block of Huntington Court during a burglary. Deputies discovered a suspect forced open the front door to gain entry into the home at 8:30 a.m.

A pit bull puppy was taken after a garage was burglarized in the 8000 block of Nottingham Drive. A suspect opened the overhead garage door around 4:30 p.m.

Deputies conducted a traffic stop on Harris Road near MacArthur Boulevard and discovered he was wanted on several outstanding warrants including driving with a suspended license and operating while impaired. The subject was arrested without incident and lodged at the county jail.

During a traffic stop in the area of Clark Road and Rue Deauville Boulevard, a man was arrested because he was wanted on an outstanding warrant from the Ypsilanti Police Department for larceny from a building.
The subject was also wanted on a warrant out of the EMU Police Department for possession of drug paraphernalia. The subject was arrested without incident and lodged at the Washtenaw County Jail.

Oct. 22

Damage to property occurred after the Mark Jefferson construction site was vandalized around 7 a.m.

At Brown Apartments, three minors were cited for possession of alcohol at 2:06 a.m.

A minor was issued a citation for consuming alcohol in front of Walton Hall at 12:42 a.m.

A white 1994 Chevrolet truck with a black toolbox across the rear bed was stolen from the 9000 block of Martz Road. A suspect opened an unlocked door to gain entry and found a set of keys. The truck was taken around 2:30 a.m.

Oct. 23

A felonious assault, larceny and auto theft occurred in the 1400 block of Gregory Street at 11 p.m. The victims, non-students, were treated at a local hospital for injuries sustained from the incident. Home electronics and a 1999 burgundy Chevy Prizm were taken.
The first suspect was described as an African American male with a light complexion, 5 feet 8 inches, 175 lbs., with a neat trimmed beard.
The second suspect was described as an African American male with a dark complexion, 5 feet 9 inches, 180 lbs., unkempt beard, with a tattoo on his left hand.