Police Blotter

Campus:

Jan. 26 —Seven textbooks were stolen from a backpack left at 6 p.m. in the Student Center.
A subject was cited for littering on public property after the individual dumped a large amount of trash outside of Roosevelt Hall around noon.

A subject was cited for disorderly conduct after using a fire extinguisher maliciously. The extinguisher activated the fire alarm at 3:24 p.m. in Munson Apartments.

A paper door decoration was burned with a lighter at 11:45 p.m. in Wise Hall.
Jan. 27 —A purse was stolen after being left unattended in the Bruce T. Halle Library at 12:40 p.m.

A subject attempted to commit fraud after trying to sell new textbooks to the bookstore around 6 p.m. in the Student Center.

At 3:15 p.m., an unattended cell phone was taken from a restroom in the Physical Plant.
A dispute between roommates occurred and threats were madeat 1 a.m. in a Village Residential complex.

Jan. 28 —A RA was threatened by an unknown male in Phelps Hall. The subject was cited for disorderly contact at 9:41 p.m.

A suspect struck a victim on the shoulder while walking near the Sellers Hall parking meters at 11:25 a.m.

Local:

Jan. 21 —Deputies responded to the 2000 block of Holmes Road for a disorderly person complaint. Deputies came into contact with the subject and determined he was wanted on an outstanding felony warrant for resisting arrest.

Jan. 26 —Deputies responded to a call morning at 8:44 a.m. involving a home invasion in the 8000 block of Avon Court, southeast of Manchester Drive. The deputies determined a suspect knocked at the front door and then rang the door bell in order to determine if anyone was home. When they did not receive an answer, the suspect then opened an unlocked window to gain entry into the residence. The resident of the home, who was in the upstairs bedroom, heard noises in the hallway and yelled “Who is there?” The suspect then fled without being identified. The resident did not get a look at the suspect and could not provide a description. Nothing appeared to be taken.

A resident in the 1000 block of Wexford Drive reported a suspicious vehicle that had been parked in front of the resident’s home. The resident said the vehicle had been running for several hours and was occupied by a subject who was slumped over the steering wheel. Deputies approached the vehicle and observed a subject slumped over the wheel who appeared to be sleeping. The deputies then noticed, in plain view, several baggies of illegal drugs. The deputies woke the subject up and determined he was on parole. They seized several baggies of illegal street drugs and a large amount of cash. The subject, a 30-year-old male Ypsilanti Township resident, was arrested.

An armed robbery occurred in the 1000 block of West Michigan Avenue. A pizza driver had been robbed at 9 p.m. while attempting to deliver a pizza to an address that did not exist. The pizza driver exited his vehicle and attempted to locate the address and was approached in a dark hallway by approximately four suspects. The suspects pushed him against a wall and threatened to kill him if he looked at them. The pizza driver then felt something pushed into his side and thought it was gun but did not see one. The suspect then took property from the pizza driver and fled the scene. An unknown amount of cash, a wallet and green pizza bag were taken.

A subject was arrested in the 1000 block of Lexington Parkway for an outstanding warrant of retail fraud.

A lawnmower was stolen from a garage in the 1000 block of East Avondale Circle after a subject walked into an open garage to gain entry. The suspect then took the lawn mower and pushed it out to his vehicle, which was parked down the street, and put it in the trunk. The suspect then drove away at 3:45 p.m.

Deputies assigned to Ypsilanti Township responded to the 500 block of Cliffs Drive, South of Grove Road, for a burglary complaint. The suspect opened a sliding glass door to gain entry around 6 p.m. A television set, laptop computer and miscellaneous jewelry were taken.

Miscellaneous jewelry was taken around 7:15 p.m. from the 400 block of Holmes Road when a suspect opened a basement window to gain entry.

Deputies stopped a vehicle on MacArthur Boulevard near Clark Road. The deputies made contact with the driver and determined he was wanted on several outstanding warrants including disorderly conduct and minor in possession of alcohol.