Police Blotter

Local:

Feb.18- A home invasion occurred at 10 a.m. in the 2000 block of Brooktree Court. The suspect kicked open the front door to gain entry. The homeowner walked downstairs and discovered the suspect standing in her doorway. The suspect saw the homeowner and fled the scene. Nothing was taken. A police K-9 was called to the scene but the suspect was not located.

A burglary occurred at 12:04 p.m. in the 1000 block of Eileen Avenue after a suspect smashed out an entrance door to gain entry. A Visio flat-screen television set and an Xbox 360 were taken.

A suspect smashed out a window to gain entry into a vehicle at 2:15 p.m. in the 800 block of Cliffs Drive. A GPS system and laptop computer were taken.

Deputies responded to an attempted home invasion at 9:53 p.m. in the 1200 block Whittaker Road. The suspect knocked on the door and asked for directions. The suspect then asked if he could come inside the residence because it was cold outside. After being denied entry the suspect attempted to push the door open but was unsuccessful. The suspect got into his vehicle which was parked in the driveway and fled the scene.

Feb.20- Miscellaneous automotive items and a set of speakers were taken at 5:15 a.m. from a residence in the 1000 block of East Michigan Avenue.

Campus:

Feb.21- Subjects were issued citations for disturbing the public peace at 8:40 p.m. in the Dining Commons. The individuals were observed arguing loudly.