Police Blotter

Campus:

March 1- A subject was arrested on a bench warrant for marijuana possession at 12:24 a.m. on Pearl Street. March 2- Subjects denied smoking marijuana at 12:36 a.m. in a dorm room in Wise Hall, but paraphernalia was found.

March 3- Coins were stolen from a sanitary napkin dispenser around 5:30 p.m. in the College of Business.

Local:

March 6- A burglary occurred around 12 p.m. in the 800 block of George Place. A suspect cut a screen and slid open the window to gain entry. A seventy-five piece tool set was taken.

A laptop computer was taken after a suspect opened an unlocked side door to gain entry around 7:15 p.m. in the 300 block of Devonshire.

A man was arrested after a traffic stop on Holmes Road for an outstanding felony for home invasion.

A home invasion occurred in the 100 block of Russell Court after deputies determined the suspect smashed out a window to gain entry. Once inside, the suspect approached the homeowner and produced a silver handgun and pointed it at the victim at 2:51 a.m. The suspect took cash, baggie of marijuana, glass pipe, cellular phone and a check. The victim knew the suspect and gave the deputies his name and information.

March 7- Deputies were conducting a follow-up to the robbery that occurred in the 100 block of Russell Court and checked for the suspect at an address in the 400 block of East Forest Avenue. The deputies approached the residence and saw the suspect inside at the kitchen table smoking crack cocaine out of a glass pipe. There was also a suspected baggie of marijuana sitting on the kitchen table. The deputies contacted the suspect and took him into custody.

The deputies interviewed the suspect who admitted to robbing the resident and that his mother helped him commit the crime. The deputies contacted the suspect’s mother and she admitted to being the “getaway driver.” Both subjects, a 24-year-old male and a 46-year-old female, were arrested and transported to the county jail. The case will be turned over to the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office for review of numerous felony charges.

An attempted armed robbery occurred in the 2000 block of Washtenaw Avenue. Metro dispatch gave out information to deputies, including a suspect description and vehicle description with license plate information. Deputies responding to the area saw a vehicle matching the description drive into the parking lot of the Burger King at 4885 Washtenaw Ave. The deputies verified the vehicle as the one wanted from the robbery as it pulled behind the Burger King and stopped. The deputies approached the vehicle and took the driver into custody. The suspect was searched and a potential improvised explosive device was located in his coat pocket. The device was left on the ground and the driver was secured in a patrol vehicle. The Michigan State Police Bomb Squad responded and determined the device was inert. The deputies determined the suspect, a 17-year-old Augusta Township male resident, entered the store dressed in a blonde wig and dark mask. A store employee approached the suspect and asked if he could help him. The suspect gave the store employee a list of merchandise and when questioned about the price of the merchandise, the suspect opened up his coat revealing a potential improvised explosive device. The suspect told the employee to give him the listed merchandise or he would blow up the bomb. The store employee then yelled to his boss to call the police. The suspect said he was just joking and bought some inexpensive merchandise and left the store.

An unknown amount of money was taken at 7 p.m. from the 2000 block of Washtenaw Avenue after a suspect pried open a door to gain entry.