Preliminary exams set in shooting case

Two Ypsilanti Township residents were arrested and arraigned Friday for an attempted shooting of a man following a verbal confrontation at the Dairy Mart on Textile Road last Wednesday evening.

Mark Keith Hubbard, 20, was arraigned on a seven-count felony warrant. Hubbard is charged with two counts of assault with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon, weapons firearms discharge from a motor vehicle, weapons firearms possession by a felon, weapons felony firearm and weapons carrying concealed.

Amber Nicole King, 18, the driver of the suspect vehicle was charged with a three-count felony warrant: assault with a dangerous weapon, conspiracy to commit assault with a dangerous weapon and assault with a dangerous
weapon.

Deputies said the shooting occurred after the victim got into an argument with two subjects. The victim headed northbound in his vehicle and noticed the two subjects following behind.

One of the subjects fired several rounds at him on McCartney Avenue near Grove Road. The victim tried to get away from the subjects, but he was shot at a second time on Tyler Road near Fox. No one was injured,
according to a media release.

Preliminary exams for King and Hubbard are scheduled for 1 p.m. March 30 and they both are remanded to the county jail with a $10,000 cash surety bond.