Police Blotter

Campus:

May 3- At 1:56 a.m., a subject driving with no headlights was arrested for operating while impaired on Ballard Street and Washtenaw Avenue.

A blue Fuji bike was stolen at 8:56 a.m. from in front of Wise Hall.

May 4- At 4:07 a.m., a subject ran from officers and was issued a trespass notice when he was caught at the College of Business.

A subject was issued a citation for paraphernalia at 9:01 p.m. at North Washington Street and Pearl Street.

A vehicle was hit with a baseball bat at 9:10 p.m. in the Mayhew Lot.

An intoxicated subject was issued a citation at 10:13 p.m. for obstruction on Emmet Street.

May 6- Gift cards were stolen from an unlocked office at 3:04 p.m. in the Convocation Center.

At 6:39 p.m., male was arrested for a bench warrant for driving with no license on Leforge Road and Woburn Drive.

May 7- A subject was arrested for an EMU bench warrant for marijuana possession at 11:50 p.m. on Oakwood Street.

Local:

May 4- Deputies were dispatched to the area of the 900 block of Desoto Avenue after a vandalism complaint was made. The victim reported that someone had damaged their driveway lamppost, four yard lights, furniture on the front porch and a vehicle antenna on a parked car. The incident occurred sometime during the night and was reported around 5:30 a.m.

Deputies responded to a complaint of damaged vehicles and stolen property in the area of 9000 Linda Drive. The victim told investigators someone damaged their vehicle, by forcing entry and stealing car stereo components. The victim believed the incident occurred sometime during the night and reported it to the police at about 7:30 a.m.

A catalytic converter was removed from a parked car in the area of 2900 International Drive. The theft was reported at 12:00 p.m.

At 6:30 a.m., deputies conducting traffic enforcement encountered a wanted subject in the area of Michigan Avenue and Wiard Road. The deputies confirmed the identity of the subject and took the subject into custody without incident for driving with a suspended license.

May 5- In the area of 1300 East Michigan Ave., deputies responded to a complaint of vandalism. The victim informed the deputies someone had damaged their parked car by breaking its windows, slashing its tires and spray painting on it at 11:30 a.m.

At around 1:30 p.m., in the area of 1800 Cadillac St., a 1996 tan Ford van was stolen.

A lawnmower and lawn edger was stolen around 6:45 p.m. from the 6600 block of Wing Drive.

At 6:45 p.m. windows were smashed at a vacant home in the 1100 block of Buick Avenue.

May 6- Medication was stolen from a vehicle at 11:45 a.m. in the 1200 block of Lester Avenue.

A Mirro Craft boat was stolen from the 800 block of Holmes Road.

At approximately 12:30 p.m., a catalytic converter was stolen from a business rental truck in the 2700 block of Washtenaw Avenue.

May 8- A 2010 silver Ford Focus was stolen at 1:30 p.m. in the area of 2200 Woodview Avenue. The vehicle was stolen from a lot adjacent to the victim’s apartment building.