It's a break, use it as one

We finally made it to the brief respite between semesters. We’ll all be getting our grades from the spring semester, and I think I can speak for the majority in saying we’re glad it’s behind us. But what should people do after such stressful or exhausting experiences? Relax.

Just take a load off! I find the more things such as work, school or whatever else, the thinner you stretch yourself. People need to take time to collect themselves so that they don’t snap. There’s a reason there’s a vacation between every semester. It’s a break, so use it!

I suggest just putting a couple days aside and doing nothing. You should spend those couple of days not worrying or stressing about whatever might be a problem in your life at any given time. If you don’t put aside some time to just relax, you’ll end up a withered, bitter person and no one wants that.

Use those days to read a book you had been meaning to or something of the sort. What I’m trying to urge here is a little peace of mind.

I see people whose lives are mapped out, every little detail and event planned meticulously so they can operate smoothly in their day-to-day lives. While this might be an efficient means of organization, it’s robbing people of the things that make us who we are. These regimented days are creating people robots that care more about schedules than day-to-day interactions.

Take a load off. Think less about what you should be doing and just be spontaneous. Have to do the dishes? Go outside and go for a walk or something. The world is just sitting outside your front door, and you can change it. This isn’t a diatribe about how a single person is the salvation of the world; it’s just a plea for people to do what they want, when they want, how they want — for a couple of days, at least.

A little bit of planned free time can do a world of good. I find it helps to clear the head and to center the self. No one should ever be so busy they cannot spend a bit of time with themself.

So, read a book, watch a movie or do some yoga or something; just don’t worry about anything. Take some time off from life and the dastardly curve balls it throws at us sometimes. I know for certain it makes a huge difference in the way I feel after a particularly bad week.

Just live. Don’t be finicky or stressed or angry. Just put on your favorite clothes and go away from everything for a day. You won’t regret it.