Police Blotter

Campus:

June 13- A painting was stolen at 10:57 a.m. from Halle Library.

A locked bike was taken at 11:42 p.m. from the Cornell Court Apartments.

June 14- Prescription glasses and a sunglasses case were stolen at 11:23 a.m. from Boone Hall.

June 15- A subject was arrested at 7:52 p.m. on Ballard Street near Washtenaw Avenue for an
EMU bench warrant for assault on a police officer and for warrants in the Ypsilanti Police Department.

June 16- At 1:07 p.m. wallet was stolen while left unattended in the REC-IM.

A lock was partially cut in an attempt to steal bicycles at 7:44 p.m. at the Cornell Court Apartments.

A false fire alarm occurred after a fire pull station was activated at 8:48 p.m.

At 9:48 p.m. on Huron River Drive and Leforge Road, a subject was found in possession of marijuana and cited for possession of paraphernalia.

June 17- A minor was cited for being in possession of alcohol at 2:14 a.m. on North Huron River Drive and Ann Street.

At 7:39 p.m. a bike was stolen from a bike rack outside of the Westview Apartments.

A subject was arrested on an EMU bench warrant for receiving stolen property at 9:34 p.m. on Monroe Street near First Street.

June 18- A man was issued a citation for providing false information to police at 5:24 p.m. on Leforge Road near Railroad Street.

At 8:45 p.m., a woman was cited for drug paraphernalia on North River Street and Michigan Avenue and a man was arrested for multiple warrants.

Local:

June 13- A vehicle was spray painted and sugar was placed in the gas tank at 3 p.m. in the 7000 block of Mission Hills Drive.

June 14- At approximately 8:30 a.m., deputies were called to a service station at Clark Road and Prospect Road for an attempted carjacking. The victim told deputies a male subject approached their vehicle while they were getting fuel. The suspect attempted to get into the victim’s vehicle and drive away. The victim then forced the suspect from the vehicle and the suspect fled the area. Area patrol deputies responded to the area of the incident and arrested the suspect a short while later. The victim was uninjured and all property was retained.

June 15- At 6:00 a.m., deputies responded to the area of the US-12 Bypass and Airport Industrial Drive for an attempted carjacking incident. Sheriff deputies were attempting to arrest a wanted felon in the 200 block of Dakota Avenue when the suspect fled from deputies and confronted a motorist nearby. The suspect flagged down a motorist and attempted to forcibly enter the vehicle to steal the car in order to continue fleeing from police. The suspect was unable to gain access to the motorist’s vehicle and the motorist was later able to identify the suspect. Deputies continued pursuit of the suspect until he was captured on the US-12 Bypass.

A lawnmower was stolen from the 9000 block of Joan Circle some time during the night.

A purse was stolen while the victim was shopping at a business in the 2000 block of Whittaker Road.

At 11:15 a.m. a man was arrested in the area of Superior Road and Huron River Drive for driving with a suspended license.

June 16- In the 1700 block of Victor Avenue, a home was broken into during the night. Police were called to the home at 7:30 a.m. after the victims determined an unknown quantity of cash was stolen from the house.

A 1995 black Dodge Ram pickup truck was stolen at 9 a.m. from the 8000 block of Warick Court.

A X-Box game console and Kinect were stolen from the 1800 block of Meadowoods Drive.

An MP3 player and miscellaneous CD’s were stolen from the 9000 block of Ascot Drive from a parked car.

June 17- Deputies were called at 12:15 a.m. to the 3000 block of East Michigan Avenue for a complaint of a large fight. Responding deputies were informed someone at the scene had been stabbed with a knife. Investigators determined multiple persons were involved in a fight outside of a residence. A subject escalated the violence by stabbing a male subject. The investigators were able to identify the suspect and take him into custody. The male victim was reported to be in stable medical condition. Deputies are still determining the circumstances which led up to the incident.