What does a sportswriter want for Christmas?

Eastern Michigan Eagles women’s Basketball Team:

•To improve this season under four-year Coach AnnMarie Gilbert.
•Win The Mid-American Conference Tournament.
•Go to the Women’s NCAA Tournament

Eastern Michigan Eagles Men’s Basketball team:

•With the new era under Coach Rob Murphy beginning, have the team compete at a high level within the MAC.
•Win some big games like his mentor Jim Boeheim did at Syracuse.

Detroit Pistons:

•For their first round draft pick Brandon Knight from Kentucky to make an impact in his rookie season and turn out like the other Calipari guards in the league (Derrick Rose, John Wall, Tyreke Evans).
•To resign Rodney Stuckey this free agency period or find another potential starting guard and perhaps an Aaron Afflalo to partner up in the backcourt with rookie point guard Brandon Knight.
•Also to find another big man to compliment Greg Monroe in the frontcourt and make some steps to have the Pistons get closer to returning to their glory days.

Detroit Tigers:

•To make a big deal without having to give up any of key players and to land either a legit 2nd baseman, like something they haven’t had since they let Placido Polanco walk to the Phillies. They could also get a fifth starter since Brad Penny turned out to be a bust last season. Therefore, they’ll make a World Series run next season.

Detroit Lions:

•Go on a winning streak again to avoid a repeat of what happened in the 2007 season when they started 6-2 in the first half of the season and finished 1-7 in the second half off that season. They’ve went 2-5 in their last 7 games. I want to see them finish off the season like they did in 2010 except this time, clinch a playoff berth.
•Keep Stafford healthy throughout the season.
•Keep Suh and other Lions players from losing their temper.

Detroit Red Wings:

•Make sure goalie Jimmy Howard keeps dominating, making as many saves as possible to keep the Wings winning.
•Keep Howard healthy the whole season so he can get it done when it counts, the Stanley Cup Playoffs, and possibly Finals.
•In their last 10 games, the Wings have gone 8-2 and averaged almost four goals during that stretch, they wish to keep that up throughout the season.