Student body president set to deliver speech

Student Body President Jelani McGadney will deliver his State of the Student Body Address next Tuesday.

McGadney encouraged students to attend so they can participate in the Student Government.

“I need students to be good bosses, which means them knowing what I’m doing in order for them to give suggestions to me what I can do for the remainder of the year and give suggestions in some way to my future successor,” McGadney said.

His address will explain to students everything Student Government has accomplished in the last year and what McGadney hopes to do with the rest of his time in office.

“I’ll be covering everything from parking, academic advising, technology, some of the new things we’ve picked up over the year like community gardens,” he said.
McGadney said this is the first time “in living memory” that a president of the student body has made an oral address.

“I’ve chosen to deliver it this way,” he said. “I think just delivering a report and having it lost in the file really doesn’t speak to the magnitude of what this place can do and what it should do.”

The address begins at 5:30 p.m. in Student Center Ballroom B. McGadney estimated the entire event would take no more than 45 minutes.