5719_doctor_who_photof.jpg

Staff picks: Must-see TV

“As a full-time Whovian, ‘Doctor Who’ has been my savior at the start of the semester. Nefertiti, ‘Dinosaurs on a spaceship’ and that ballerina Dalek have made this season pretty awesome. That Oswin storyline in ‘Asylum of the Daleks’ and gunslinger story in ‘A Town Called Mercy’ hit me right in the feels.

“In the category of brilliant but canceled, my second pick is ‘Awake.’ It’s a show about a guy who can’t tell if he’s awake or dreaming. It’s a rather cheesy premise, but dear God. I haven’t been so drawn into a show since ‘Breaking Bad.’ The drama is cray. The action is cray. The story and acting, cray cray.”

- Jerome Stuart Nichols
Creative Director

“I’ve been watching ‘The IT Crowd.’ It’s a rad TV show about the IT people that deal with people with computer issues. It’s a British comedy. Also, ‘Better Off Ted’ from the makers of ‘Scrubs.’ It’s a mock of a multi-million company and all of the nonsense that goes on within one.” – Christine “Crass” Denewith
Comics Editor

“I’ll admit that I never quite outgrew cartoons; the TV in my dorm room almost never ventures outside the realm of Cartoon Network. Over the summer, I watched ‘Metalocalypse’ almost obsessively, but since the latest season has been over for a while I’ve switched over to ‘Adventure Time.’ It essentially chronicles the adventures of Finn, a teenage boy who is the last surviving human on Earth, and his talking, shape shifting dog Jake. As silly as it seems to outsiders, it has likeable characters, dreamy animation you can almost disappear into and a surprisingly well-written storyline for what’s meant to be a kid’s show. For a while, I was seriously considering going as the gender-flipped version of the protagonist for Halloween,.”

- Jess Salisbury
Life Editor