Women’s gymnastics places second at Bowling Green meet

Team split tri-meet competition; invitational did not count for MAC

After falling to both teams earlier in the season, the Eastern Michigan University women’s gymnastics team split its tri-meet competition Saturday against the Bowling Green State University Falcons (194.525) and the Ball State University Cardinals (192.775).

Taking a second-place finish with a score of 193.350 in the Bowling Green Invitational brought the Eagles to 3-6 overall. Although the invitational hosted three Mid-American Conference schools, the competition did not count toward the MAC records of the participants.

The vault proved to be the most promising event for the Eagles. It was the team’s highest scoring event, followed by the floor exercise (48.500), the balance beam (48.450) and the uneven parallel bars (47.875).

EMU freshman Khadijah Hudson tied for second place with Bowling Green’s Jamilah Ali in all-around competition with a score of 38.800.

Hudson also shared third place on the balance beam with EMU sophomore Anna Willette with 9.775. Hudson led the Eagles on the floor with 9.825 but claimed fifth place in that event. Only a 10th
of a point behind was EMU junior Chantelle Loehner in ninth place.
Willette led her team on the vault with 9.825 to take third place.

EMU senior Amanda Fuller and sophomore Paulina Miller claimed eighth and ninth place on the vault, respectively.

Another third-place finish went to Willette as she earned a 9.625 on the bars. Willette shared third place with Brooklyn Schumacher from Ball State and Megan Harrington from Bowling Green.

Second place on the bars went to EMU sophomore Carrina Lo Bello with 9.675. Lo Bello was followed by Hudson at sixth place and senior Camille Cicchini at eight place.

Just as EMU students start their spring breaks, the Eagles will take on the Northern Illinois University Huskies March 2 in DeKalb, Ill. They will then head to Cape Girardeau, Mo., March 3 to compete against the Southeast Missouri State University Redhawks.