Police Blotter

Nov. 19

An unknown subject wrote a Twitter name in permanent marker on an elevator in Pittman Hall at 1:13 a.m. The same Twitter name also appeared on whiteboards in the building. Police are following up on the investigation.

A female student resident of Pittman Hall reported at 11:37 a.m. that she was sexually assaulted by a non-student acquaintance after a drinking game the previous night. Police reported that the subject who committed the assault is known, and the investigation is ongoing.

A student reported being verbally threatened by an unknown subject in the Student Center parking lot at 12:56 a.m. The unknown subject was also reported to have used racial slurs against the student.

A faculty member reported a subject panhandling outside the College of Business at 7:59 p.m. The subject was found by police and barred from campus.

A subject that had been previously banned from campus for loitering and going through trashcans was apprehended at Sill Hall at 8:47 p.m. The subject was escorted off campus and will have to appear in court for trespassing.

A student resident of Pittman Hall reported a wallet missing after having guests in the room at 3:00 p.m. The wallet was later found. The found wallet was missing a driver’s license, which was also later found.

Nov. 20

A student reported that their backpack was stolen in the Rec/IM between 3:20 p.m. and 5:10 p.m.
Police are following up on the investigation by checking security camera footage.

A subject that had been previously barred from campus was found by police outside the Student Center at 4:19 p.m. The subject was escorted off campus and will have to appear in court for trespassing.

A subject found going through garbage cans on campus at 5:10 p.m. obstructed police by giving a false name. The subject’s real name was discovered, and the subject has been barred from campus.

A subject was found drinking in the parking lot outside the Convocation Center at 6:50 p.m. The subject is not a student and was not cited by police.

A 17-year-old female minor was found vomiting in a trashcan in the Convocation Center at 7:45 p.m. The minor is not a student. She was transported to the hospital for consumption of intoxicants.

A 17-year-old female minor was found possessing and consuming alcohol in the Convocation Center at 8:23 p.m. The minor is not a student. She was cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol and transported to the hospital.

A female minor was found possessing and consuming alcohol in the Convocation Center at 8:15 p.m. The minor is not a student. She obstructed police by attempting to give a fake name and date of birth. She was transported to the hospital and cited for being a minor in possession of alcohol.

Two male subjects were found fighting in the lobby of the Convocation Center and barred from campus at 8:59 p.m. The subjects were not students.

Nov. 22

A student’s purse that was previously reported stolen was found. Several credit cards were reported missing from the purse at 4:45 a.m.

Unknown subjects were reported spray painting on the sidewalk around Sellers Hall.

A university-owned snow blower was reported to have been stolen sometime between July 2013 and the morning of Nov. 22, 2013.