Police Blotter

Feb. 1

Officers responded to a noise complaint in Walton Hall at 12:59 a.m. and found a group of underage students with a small amount of alcohol in a dorm room. The students were not charged criminally, but may face consequences under the Student Code of Conduct.

A student resident of Best Hall reported being sexually assaulted by another student on Jan. 26. The prosecutor has denied authorization of charges against the suspect, so the matter has been turned over to the university. The alleged assaulter may face consequences under the Student Code of Conduct.

An off-duty officer witnessed a subject attempting to load a fallen stop sign on Oakwood Street and Structure Drive into the trunk of a vehicle at 11:32 p.m. When officers arrived at the scene, they discovered the thief was a student. The student may face criminal charges and consequences under the Student Code of Conduct.

Feb. 3

A student reported their cell phone was stolen while left unattended in the Student Center. Officers tracked the cell phone to an address in Ypsilanti and found another student in possession of the stolen cell phone. The student may face criminal charges and consequences under the Student Code of Conduct.

A resident of Hill Hall reported their television and backpack stolen from their room while it was left unlocked between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. This investigation is ongoing.

Feb. 4

Officers responded to the smell of marijuana in Village Building F at 1:40 a.m. The resident admitted to smoking marijuana earlier that day and allowed officers to search the room. Officers did not find any marijuana or paraphernalia. The student may face consequences under the Student Code of Conduct.