Eastern Michigan freshman Kelsie Brooks gets ready to perform on the beam in the Eagles 195.925-194.600 loss to Central Michigan Friday night.

Gymnastics team finishes regular season with win over Ball State

The Eastern Michigan University women’s gymnastics team won its season finale on Friday beating Ball State University 194.075-193.600.

EMU was led on the vault by Bianca Jordaan and Anna Willette, who tied for second in the event with 9.750. Paulina Miller took fourth in the event with a 9.700.

Kelsie Brooks and Ariyanna Smith both scored 9.700 to lead the Eagles on the bars and took fourth in the event. Ashley Quinton also contributed with a 9.675.

Willette also led EMU on the beam with a 9.800, but as a team, EMU struggled in the event. Kaylee Meyers and Carrina Lo Bello did both finish with over a 9.700, but Kimberly Ebeyer and Natalie Gervais only scored 9.650 and 9.375, respectively.

The floor was where EMU really picked up the scoring. EMU as a team scored a season-high 49.025 and three out of the five qualifying scores were above a 9.800.

Chantelle Loehner and Meyers tied for first place in the event with scores of 9.850.

Miller came in third of the event with a 9.800 followed by Shawna Ciaramella and Ebeyer with a 9.775 and a 9.750 respectively.

The Eagles finish the regular season at 6-9 and 2-4 in the Mid-American Conference. They will participate in the MAC Championships on Saturday, March 22 at the EMU Convocation Center.

Ball State finishes 2-12 overall and 0-6 in the MAC.

EMU head coach Steve Wilce was pleased after the match with his team’s performance.

“Our kids competed well again and are really excited to get a MAC road win,” Wilce said after the meet on EMUEagles.com.