News Briefs

Book Drive—

March is National Reading Month, and America Reads is joining with Eastern Michigan University’s VISION group to host a children’s book drive. The drive will be held between now and March 31.
Anyone seeking to donate to the drive can look for drop-off boxes in Porter, Halle and in the VISION Volunteer Center.

The books that are being sought are for ages 5 to 18 years old. The donations will go to the nonprofit organization 826Michigan.

For more information about the drive, contact Kelli Dowd at kdowd@emich.edu. For more details about 826Michigan, visit 826michigan.org.

Human Trafficking—

There will be a workshop about human trafficking hosted by Eastern Michigan University’s Women’s and Gender Studies Department on Thursday, March 27 from 6-7 p.m. in room 219 of Pray-Harrold.

The workshop presentation is titled “Human Trafficking: Seeking Justice for Women and Girls.”

For more information, contact David Manville at dmanvil1@emich.edu, or call 734-487-0393.

Collegiate Job Fair—

The Michigan Collegiate Job Fair will be held on Friday, March 21 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. It will be held at the Burton Manor in Livonia.

The job fair is for those who are graduating and preparing for a career after graduation.

The event is sponsored by Eastern Michigan University’s Advising & Career Development Center.

For those interested in the event, go to mcif.org to register. The website will also show potential employers. The charge is $10 via online pre-registration or $15 at the door.