Police Blotter

March 6

Officers determined a student filed a false rape report with the police department in an attempt at retribution with a former partner at 8:06 a.m. The matter has been forwarded to the county prosecutor’s office and the student may also face disciplinary action under the Student Code of Conduct.

Police were called to University Park at 11:30 p.m. for a disturbing the peace violation resulting from an altercation between two romantically involved students. No charges were filed, but the students have been referred to the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards department.

Officers responded to a call of suspected marijuana use in Sellers Hall at 11:00 p.m. Multiple underage students were found consuming and in possession of alcohol. Upon searching the room, officers also found and confiscated narcotic paraphernalia. The students have been reported to the
Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards department. No criminal charges were filed.

Police cited an underage student for resisting arrest and minor in possession at 11:44 p.m. in Walton Residence Hall. The heavily intoxicated student was uncooperative and violent when police tried to transport him to the hospital. Police are pursuing criminal charges and the student may also face discipline under the Student Code of Conduct.

March 7

Officers responded to a call from the Ann Arbor Transportation Authority at 6:20 p.m. regarding an intoxicated individual who was trespassing on AATA property. The subject became increasingly belligerent with staff and AATA costumers. The subject was issued multiple misdemeanor citations and was transported to the hospital.

Police responded to call from Phelps Hall housing staff about marijuana odors wafting from a student’s room at 11:48 p.m. The subject was found to have a very small amount of marijuana in their possession, which was confiscated. No charges have been filed but the student has been referred to the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards department.

March 10

Officers were called to Hill Hall at 1:58 a.m. by housing staff because of a loud altercation between a resident and non-resident. Officers issued a trespassing violation and escorted the subject as he removed his property from the student’s room and then saw him off campus. No criminal charges were filed.