Police Blotter

March 20

A female student reported being assaulted by her boyfriend at 11:48 a.m. The victim does not wish to press charges. The alleged perpetrator, also a student, has been sent before the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

A case for a pair of Oakley sunglasses was reported stolen from a room in Briggs Hall at 1:11 p.m. The matter is still under investigation.

Officers cited a man at the Rec/IM for trespassing at 11:14 p.m. and escorted him off campus.

March 21

A female student reported her long-term boyfriend, also a student, had assaulted her at 3:31 p.m. The suspect is being investigated on criminal charges and for violations to the Student Code of Conduct and Community Standards.

Police discovered a small amount of narcotics during a traffic stop at Huron River Drive and Leforge Street at 6:24 p.m. The driver was pulled over for an equipment violation where it was discovered he was operating on a suspended driver’s license. The narcotics were discovered after officers searched the vehicle. The man was cited for driving with a suspended license.

March 22

Traffic officers pulled a man over at Cross and Ballard streets at 3:37 a.m. on suspicion of operating while intoxicated. The man was driving erratically, swerving in and out of traffic lanes. After the suspect failed a field sobriety test, he was taken in for blood work and arrested. The matter has been referred to the prosecutor’s office.

Police performed a traffic stop at Cross and Perrin streets at 11:46 p.m. The driver tried to mislead officers during the stop by providing them with false identities. Police became suspicious of the man and continued to investigate the matter until the man admitted he was unlicensed. The man was cited for driving with a suspended license, providing false information to the police and was arrested and later released.

March 24

Officers were called to the College of Business parking lot when a panhandler was becoming overly aggressive with the public at 9:49 a.m. The suspect was cited for trespassing, escorted off the property and released.

Police responded to a larceny call at the Rec/IMat 3:01 p.m. A student left his varsity jacket unattended on a bench outside the weight room while exercising. When the student returned for the jacket he found it missing. The case has been closed.

Officers were called to the Student Center at 10:26 p.m. to respond to a physical altercation between two students. The students had been involved in an ongoing feud, which escalated to physicality. No criminal charges have been filed, but the students have been referred to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

March 25

Police responded to calls regarding a loud argument between two students in the hallway of Munson Apartments at 2:09 p.m. It was discovered that one of the students had existing warrants, which resulted in his arrest. The arrested student was turned over to the Washtenaw County Sheriff’s Department and the matter was sent for review to the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards.

March 26

Officers were called to the Halle Library at 3:39 p.m. A student who fell asleep while studying reported their cell phone had been stolen. The cell phone was out in the open, next to the sleeping student, on the desk before it went missing. The case remains open.

A student reported that their commuter hangtag was stolen from their vehicle at 5:14 p.m. The student became aware of the missing hangtag when they received a parking violation for not having a commuter pass. The student claimed marks on the bumper of their car and faulty locks indicated the hangtag was stolen, not lost. The matter is still under investigation.

Officers reported graffiti to the College of Business parking structure at 7:42 p.m. The investigation is ongoing.