Police Blotter

May 15

Officers performing a traffic stop near Huron River Drive and Leforge Street at 1:27 a.m. arrested a suspect on outstanding warrants. The female suspect was a former EMU student and was also cited for possession of narcotic paraphernalia.

Pictures from the ROTC’s Hall of Fame, which hang outside their office in Roosevelt Hall, were reported stolen at 10:55 a.m. There are no suspects at this time.

An Eastern Michigan Police Officer patrolling with a City of Ypsilanti Officer as part of the Ypsilanti Community Action Team stopped a suspect they observed walking near West Michigan Avenue and Summit Street at 1:15 p.m. The man tried to flee the officers on foot and was caught. He was arrested for absconding from parole and resisting arrest.

Police observed a group of people arguing outside of a convenience store near Pearl Street and Adams Street at 6:27 p.m. A woman in the group, who provided a false identity to the police to hide the fact that she had warrants issued for arrest, was cited with obstruction and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail.

During a traffic stop near Michigan Avenue and Hamilton Street, officers noticed the smell of marijuana coming from the suspect’s vehicle at 11:37 p.m. The suspect admitted to having marijuana in his possession and was cited for driving with an open intoxicant and possession of marijuana. The case has been forwarded to the Washtenaw County Prosecutor’s Office.

May 16

The Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards was notified that a student committed fraud at 9:54 a.m. The student tried to alter an expired parking hang-tag to look current. No criminal charges were filed.

A suspect was cited for trespassing at the Student Center at 10:40 a.m. The suspect became belligerent with employees and EMU DPS escorted the suspect from the premises.

Officers were notified about possible drug usage at Cornell Court Apartments at 7:44 p.m. Residents admitted to having marijuana to investigating officers, which was confiscated. The two men residing in the apartment were both former EMU students not currently enrolled in school. No charges were filed, but the police notified the Department of Student Conduct and Community Standards of the incident and are following up on why the men are still living in apartments with housing.

May 18

A man was stopped while walking near West Cross Street and Rice Street at 11:52 p.m. The suspect had an open of beer and was found to have a substance believed to be marijuana in his possession.