Tablets the must-have tech for school

School is in full swing and students have everything that they need, or at least they think they do. The must-have tech tool of the season is a tablet. Tablets have been on the market for quite a while, and over time, the technology has become so advanced that they can replace bulky laptops. Because I know most students are on a budget, I have composed a list of tablets that will best suit the techie with a certain price range in mind.

The Best Android Tablet: The Google Nexus 7 (2nd generation) came out last year, and is still hot on the market. The good thing about this tablet is its bright, razor-sharp full-HD screen. The screen is an eye-popping seven inches, with over 2.3 million megapixels at your disposal. It is equipped with surround sound that promises it will be easier on the ears and deliver clear and crisp sounds.

Its performance is better that the previous version, allowing users to have a crash-free, fast performance. This tablet is powered by Android 4.3, which is the latest version of the operating system.

One of the best perks about owning this tablet is the ability to create different profiles for family and friends. Each person can have their own space to customize it any way that they like, and as the owner you can control what each person has access too.

Price: $229-$269

Colors: Black or White

Memory: 16 GB or 32 GB

Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7: The Amazon Kindle Fire HDX 7 lives up to the company’s motto of being built for work and play. The screen has a large display with a high pixilation of 323 PPI and a quad-core processor that is faster than the previous version.

A new feature that is sure to attract customers is the “Mayday” button. The purpose of this is to save those who have no clue how to work their device. The great thing about this perk is that you can speak to a live operator 24/7, all year long.

The Kindle Fire HDX 7 has upgraded by introducing Fire OS 3.0 Mojito. This offers fast access to applications, adds cloud services, improves performance and has built in media libraries.

This is a great tablet for those who don’t want to splurge on an iPad, but want similar options to what apple products offer.

Price: $199-$299

Colors: Black Only

Memory: 16 GB, 32 GB, and 64 GB

Connectivity: Wifi-Only, 4G LTE with AT&T or Verizon optional. Keep in mind with the LTE options, that it will add $100 to whichever memory option you choose.

Amazon also offers special offers that will deduct $95 from your purchase.

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0: The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 is a great addition to any collection of electronics. It has something for everyone. It has a new multiple user mode with a parental control option, for those of you who have a pesky younger sibling with an itch to use your cool stuff. It also offers multi-window viewing, allowing you to view two screens at once, which is a necessity for those who have to multitask.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 has bonus features for those of you who choose this product. Each buyer is awarded a $10 to spend in the Google Play Store and 50 GB of Dropbox storage.

Price: $179

Colors: Black or White

Memory: 8 GB (can be expanded with an SD card)