News Briefs, Oct. 26

Domestic Violence Awareness Month: Screening of “Private Violence”

The Women’s Resource Center will be showing “Private Violence.” The movie will be further exploring domestic violence in the American home. Attendance is open to the public and will be held Monday, Oct. 23, at 7 p.m. in the Student Center Auditorium. This event is LBC approved.

Artist’s Workshop Series for Children Ages 7-12

EMU student teachers will be holding an art workshop Tuesday, Oct. 28. The children will have the opportunity to print, draw, paint and make mobile sculptures with student teachers. This event is free to the public. To register for the event call Dr. Cam McComb at 734-487-5969.

Just Build It - Construction Career Expo

The Washtenaw Contractors Association will be hosting the “Just Build It” Construction Expo Wednesday, Oct. 29, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The event is an opportunity for college students to participate in construction career exploration activities all day at the Convocation Center.

Biology Seminar: A New Way of Looking at Drug Action

The EMU Biology Department welcomes Kristal Tucker from the University of Pittsburgh to speak about “Visualization of Antipsychotic Drug Release from Neuronal Vesicles via Multi-photon Imaging.” The seminar is Wednesday, Oct. 29, from 3:30 p.m. To 4:30 p.m. in room 154 of the Mark Jefferson Science Complex. This event is LBC approved.

Guest Piano Recital by Ksenia Nosikova

Ksenia Nosikova, professor of piano at the University of Iowa, will be performing in Pease Auditorium Thursday, Oct. 30, at 8 p.m. The recital is free and open to the public. This event is LBC approved.