Capitalism is a sinking ship

Capitalism, being a naturally oppressive and adversarial system, will always lead to the subjugation and disenfranchisement of those at the bottom of the social ladder while those at the top become akin to divinity – with money and material gain being the gateway to this illusory and superficial paradise.

This is not to say, however, that other forms of government such as socialism or communism are viable or even appropriate solutions to the problems we currently inherit, but the current system is faulty and cannot be sustained.

In the game of capitalism, humanity is the millionaire’s toll because in the throes of monetary ecstasy they, the politicians and “corporaticians,” have become blind to the needs of the people. They work, if it can be considered as such, within the confines of their own corrupted worldview where even the greatest among them are not immune to blatant flattery and bribery.

Capitalist economics, in other words laissez-faire, creates social inequality and political corruption according to strain theory in sociology. The resulting dynamic is that the people are unable to achieve their goals thanks to society’s failure to provide them with the adequate means to do so, meaning that there is both a lack of the basic necessities and proper education in the U.S., which is inevitably the result of a system which exhausts its resources on self-profit and conflict rather than providing for those within the system. Under the American brand of capitalism, corporations receive better treatment than those under their employ and they aren’t even granted living wages!

We cannot possibly continue under our current model because it is completely irrational and broken. We have to take steps towards sustainability or our society will crumble.

This is a view that social activist Peter Joseph agrees with and, as he puts it, “Our entire system, in an economic sense, is based on restriction. Scarcity and inefficiency are the movers of money; the more there is of any resource the less you can charge for it. The more problems there are, the more opportunities there are to make money. The reality is a social disease, for people can actually gain off the misery of others and the destruction of the environment. Efficiency, abundance and sustainability are enemies of our economic structure, for they are inverse to the mechanics required to perpetuate consumption. This is profoundly critical to understand, for once you put this together you begin to see that this planet, the endless slums of the poor and all the horrors of a culture due to poverty and pravity, are not natural phenomenon due to some natural human order or lack of earthly resources. They are products of the creation, perpetuation and preservation of artificial scarcity and inefficiency.”