PRSSA to hold Talent Forum

Eastern Michigan University’s Eleanor Wright chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America will host the first PRSSA Talent Forum at 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday, March 26, in McKenny Hall’s Guild Room. The free show will highlight different talented students and local residents and is open to the public.

EMU junior Gabrielle Burgess-Smith is a public relations major and vice-president of PRSSA, and she said the event’s lineup of performers is superb.

“I saw the list of talent that’s been scheduled, and I’ve peeked at a few videos online,” she said. “I’m really excited to see them live.”

Seven acts have been booked, including singer Matthew Mollete, rappers D. James and Anthony Oyebamiji the dance group Dancers of David and the band The Vade Experience. Lead singer and bassist of The Vade Experience, Justin Arnett, said he’s looking forward to playing for a crowd of Eagles.

“We’re really excited to play for students and anybody else that comes out,” he said.

Arnett, an EMU senior and supply chain management major, said his rock ‘n roll band sounds like “chainsaws and dinosaurs.”

“It’s hard to pinpoint where our inspiration comes from,” he said.

The band hasn’t played together for an audience besides a few open mic nights, but the trio hopes to record a demo next month and will play Crossroad’s, 517 W. Cross St., on Monday, March 30.

EMU sophomore and occupational therapy major Lauren Murray has to work Thursday night but said the event sounds entertaining and noticed the talent forum on her roommate’s Facebook post.

“I think it’s a great way to promote a student organization,” Murray said.