EMU online nursing program ranks 49th in nation

Eastern Michigan University’s online bachelor of science in nursing completion program was ranked 49th on Value Colleges’ Top 50 Best Value Online RN to BSN Program for 2015.

EMU was the only school in Michigan recognized and one of four Mid-American schools. The other three schools were Ohio University, 5th, Kent State University, 39th, and Bowling Green University, 46th. Drexel University, Philadelphia, was ranked first in the nation.

EMU’s online BSN program is meant for students who have earned diplomas or associates degrees and are already registered nurses.

Value Colleges considers programs accredited by either the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing or the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Association. EMU is accredited by the CCNA.

The website researches accredited colleges to guide students in their search. It considers cost, return on investment, and job placement statistics.

According to Value Colleges, one of the benefits of EMU’s program is the resident tuition rate offered to all students. The description of the program included that it offers “the flexibility a working nurse will need with the student services, advising, low tuition and financial aid that will help them to complete the program and begin cashing in on their investment.”

“We are very proud of our BSN completion program whether online or at one of our various locations,” Michael Williams, EMUs director of the School of Nursing, said in a statement. “The faculty has taken deliberate measures to assure the content is up-to-date and relevant to the student and to the profession of nursing into the future. We are continuously revising and updating the courses and our online delivery for optimal student outcomes.”