Student Government committees meet Sept. 29

Student Government committees held their regular meetings Tuesday night in the Student Center.

• The Business and Finance Committee allocated funds to eight student organizations.
  • The Mock Trial organization was granted $1,775 for the American Mock Trial Association Registration.
  • Women’s Club Volleyball was granted $475 for tournament registration fees.
  • Women’s Club Lacrosse was granted $784.44 for game costs, transportation and league dues.
  • Gymnastics Club was granted $2,375 for gym use and meet fees.
  • I.M.A.G.E. received two allocations of $223.75 each for its Annual Give Back Show and A Night of Christmas show.
  • Righteous@EMU was granted $1,272 told hold its Who Am I? event.
  • AMP! was granted $487 for AMP! Jam, Java Jam and face painting at Homecoming.

Women’s Club Softball was denied an allocation of $350 to be used for umpires at home games and a league entry fee.

Judicial sergeant John McAllister said they didn’t receive funding, from his perspective, because they “didn’t have sufficient documentation.”

“It was a very well-presented request, but unfortunately we are bound by the generally accepted accounting principles and you must offer sufficient documentation in order for funding to move between two entities on campus,” McAllister said.

Maya Rich, director of social justice, updated the Public Affairs Committee on the rescheduling of Sexual Assault Week. It has been moved to the first week of February.

The Internal Affairs Committee decided new senators will be trained by current senators at the upcoming IAC meeting, Oct. 13. Seventeen students will sit on the senate once the new students are trained.

The Academic and Student Affairs Committee discussed Club Halle and Don’t Blame It on the Alcohol, which educates students on drinking responsibly, Nov. 3.

The regular Senate Meeting will be held at 6:30 p.m., Oct. 6, in the Student Center, room 310B.