Armed robbery reported on campus

An Eastern Michigan University student reported an attempted armed robbery Thursday night in Green Lot 1, northeast corner of campus. The victim reported that nothing was taken and he sustained no injuries.

According to the Police Department Timely Warning, the male student was getting out of his car when he was asked for money by a male suspect. The student reported opening his trunk to get the money when a second suspect appeared and tried to push him into the trunk.

The victim reported that one of the suspects produced a gun and announced a robbery. The gun fell apart in a struggle. He reported that the suspects said the robbery was a prank, picked up the pieces of what he said he believes to be a toy gun, and walked in a northeasterly direction.

Both suspects were described as black males, in their early 20s and about 5-foot 7-inches tall. One of the suspects was described as being about 200 pounds and wearing a gray hoodie, a black mask, and armed with a black handgun. The other suspect was described as having a high-top afro style haircut.

Information regarding the incident can be reported to the Eastern Michigan Police by calling (734) 487-1222 or the anonymous tip line through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-SPEAK-UP.

UPDATE: According to the Timely Warning sent out by the EMU Police Department at 12:09 p.m., Oct. 28, both suspects have been identified. 

The police reported that charges have been authorized against one of the suspects, a 16-year-old juvenile , by the Washtenaw County Prosecutors Office. Police said the suspect is being held in the Washtenaw County Juvenile Detention Center.