News Briefs, Oct. 12

Initial Teacher Preparation Program Advising Session

The College of Education will be hosting the Initial Teacher Preparation Program Advising Session starting at 9:30 a.m. Monday in the Student Center Gallery. Students interested in COE programs will learn about pre-admittance requirements. A second session will be held at 3:30 p.m. Tuesday in 206 Porter. This event is LBC approved.

White Paper Workshop

There will be a workshop on what a White Paper is and how to fill one out at 12:30-1:30 p.m. Monday in 200 Boone Hall.

“Modeling and Analysis of HIV Evolution and Therapy” lecture

Nicoleta Trafulea, an associate professor at Purdue University, Calumet, will give a lecture, “Modeling and Analysis of HIV Evolution and Therapy,” as part of the mathematics department’s Donald Buckeye Lecture series at 3:30-4:30 p.m. Monday in 213 Pray-Harrold. This free event is LBC approved.

Breast cancer lecture

The Women's Resource Center will host Jenni Hoffman, an assistant professor of nursing, for a lecture on breast cancer at 5:30 p.m. Tuesday in room 310B of the Student Center. She will be discussing facts, figures, prevention and self-checks. This event is LBC approved.

Dine & Donate at Aubree’s

Eastern Michigan University's Society for Human Resource Management will be hosting a Dine & Donate at 6 p.m. Wednesday at Aubree’s Pizzeria and Grill, 39 E. Cross Street. Attendees can eat with the SHRM board and make a donation. Fifteen percent of the collections will be used to help military veterans and their families.

Mentorship Access Guidance in College to host Seeking Shelter

EMU’s Mentorship Access Guidance in College program will host Seeking Shelter, 7 p.m., Wednesday, in G03 Halle Library. The discussion and panel will focus on LGBT youth and young adults who have experienced foster care and housing instability.