News Briefs, Oct. 25

Monday, Oct. 26

The Women's Resource Center will hold auditions for The Vagina Monologues from 6-10 p.m., Monday through Wednesday, in room 356 of the Student Center. Auditions are open to all women-identified EMU students, staff, and faculty.

The Student Center University Gallery will be hosting the Atmosphere exhibition all week. The exhibit will open on Monday. The 14-artist exhibit will focus on space and surroundings.

The Advising Center will be hosting Big Bang Science Advising Event from noon to 6 p.m., Monday, in 128 Mark-Jefferson. This event is for freshman biology and psychology majors who need advising for the winter semester. This free event is LBC approved.

Halloween is right around the corner, which is why the Center for Multicultural Affairs will be hosting I Am Not A Costume Mixer from 7-9:30 p.m., Monday, in the McKenny Ballroom. The discussion will focus on culturally insensitive costumes, the symbolism behind various costumes and why they may be offensive. The free event is LBC approved.

Tuesday, Oct. 27

Rock the Rec will be held from 7-8:30 p.m., Tuesday at the Rec I/M. This free event will be a chance to meet the 2015-16 men and women's basketball teams in person. The free event will offer food, giveaways and a costume contest. The grand prize will be $300.

Visiting cellist Benjamin Whitcomb will be performing with Vincent De Vries at 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday in the Alexander Music Building. They will be playing Beethoven, Rachmaninoff and Grieg. This event is free.

The Rainbow Variety Show will be held from 8-10 p.m., Tuesday, in the Student Center auditorium. The show will have include music, dance, drag and poetry.

Wednesday, Oct. 28

Adam Marks will be giving a lecture about aging studies in at 4 p.m., Wednesday, McKenny Ballroom. This free event is LBC approved.

Artist lecturer Kate Nartker will be speaking at 4 p.m., Wednesday, in Halle G03.

Julia Entwistle will be giving a lecture at 5 p.m., Wednesday in the King Hall Lounge. The Growing Hope staff member will be talking about her experience working with the non-profit, Ypsilanti-based gardening program. The event is free.