News Briefs, Oct. 27

Thursday, Oct. 29

“Little Shop of Horrors” will be showing at 7 p.m. Thursday through Saturday in the Quirk Theater. This classic musical first premiered on Broadway in 1982. It was based on a movie from 1960. According to IMDB, the musical is about a man and his carnivorous plant. Tickets to this LBC-approved event are $15.

EMU's Counseling and Psychological Services will hold Soul Speak at 2 p.m. Thursday in the Student Center's Kiva Room.

The Greek Life Mock Party takes place at 7:30 p.m. Thursday in Big Bob’s Lake House. This party will help students have their GLASS Certifications met. It's hosted by the J-Board, the judicial board for Greek Life. This event is free and LBC approved.

Friday, Oct. 30

The 2015 Employee Benefits and Wellness Fair will take place from 12 to 4 p.m. Friday in the Student Center Ballroom. Staff and faculty are invited to get a free massage, flu shot and look at various benefit vendors.

Saturday, Oct. 31

Growing Hope, a local farm, will be working with the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Saturday at the Freight House in Depot Town. Volunteers will help with face painting. Growing Hope is a food accessibility and health organization, founded by Ypsilanti mayor Amanda Edmonds. Carpooling is available for this free event.

The EMU Volleyball team is going to be playing Western Michigan at 5 p.m. Saturday at the Convocation Center. This is the team’s last game in their regular season home schedule. Tickets can be bought at emutix.com.

Sunday, Nov. 1

Faculty from the music and dance department will be performing in a Faculty Series: Orchestra Concert at 4 p.m. Saturday in Pease Auditorium. This event is free and LBC approved.