Police blotter, Oct. 15

Eastern Michigan University's Department of Public Safety had no reported incidents for Thursday, Oct. 8, 2015.

Friday, Oct. 9, 2015.

Students at Walton hall complained about the smell of marijuana at 1:13 a.m. Friday. Several people left before the DPS arrived. An EMU student was found to have a small amount of marijuana and was cited for paraphernalia. Student conduct has been informed.

The Physical Plant reported a ballad light missing from a parking lot at 8:59 a.m. near Forrest Street. A ballad light is a small, stick-mounted light. The case is still open and the police have no suspects.

An EMU student reported being inappropriately touched in Walton to a security guard at 11:22 a.m. The only information DPS has was that the incident occurred two or three weeks ago. The student did not leave a name. The case remains open.

There was a hit and run of a car at south Oakwood lot. An EMU student reported it at 4:11 p.m. that day. Police are reviewing security camera footage of the crime, which occurred sometime between 8:45 a.m. and 4 p.m. The case remains open.

Saturday, Oct. 10, 2015.

An EMU student reported a 3rd degree criminal sexual assault at Putnam at 5:19 a.m. This happened on Oct. 4, sometime between 5:17 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. DPS said the student did not go to the hospital. The case remains open.

Also on Oct. 10, an EMU student at Putnam received a phone call claiming that the caller had a “sex video” which they attempted to use against the student as extortion. The victim received the phone call at 10:56 a.m. DPS said the video does not actually exist. This case also remains open.

There was a domestic violence incident in West View apartments at 4:18 p.m. The victim, who received minor injuries, was an EMU student and the suspect, who was gone when police arrived, is believed to not be. This case remains open and charges have been submitted to the Washtenaw County prosecutor's office.

Sunday, Oct. 11, 2015.

DPS officers came across a drunk man, who was not an EMU student, on Emmett Street. The man was asked to leave from a house on that street and refused. He was cited for public intoxication and transported to St. Joseph Mercy's Hospital for his intoxication. The case remains open.