Police Blotter, Oct. 18

Monday, Oct. 12

An EMU student approached the police at 9:38 a.m. The student reported a sexual assault around Jarvis Street, on Oct. 8 of last year. This happed in the Ypsilanti police department’s jurisdiction and DPS encouraged the student to inform that department. The case was added to EMU’s crime log for statistical purposes and closed.

An EMU student reported being threatened At 12:38 p.m. to DPS. The police have traced the phone call and say they have the name and number of the person of interest The case remains open.

Police received a call of a heated argument in a parking lot near the library Wednesday evening. DPS says it sent an officer, who found a mother and daughter arguing inside a car, parked nearby. The daughter was an EMU student. The police didn’t say whether they contacted student conduct. The case is closed.

Inside the lobby, a student reported a tablet stolen sometime between 9 p.m. and 9:30 p.m. DPS says the student took the device into the bathroom and forgot it in there. When the student went to retrieve it, it was gone. Police are reviewing security camera footage. The case remains open.

Tuesday, Oct. 13

An EMU student from Hill Hall called the police at 7:29 a.m. The student claimed that a former roommate stole some of their belongings sometime earlier that morning or last night. The dispute and case is still open.

Wednesday, Oct. 14

Police responded to a larceny in Westview Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. Police say the victim, who is not an EMU student, noticed some of their possessions missing after a guest left. The case remains open.

The pride flag display, located between Pray-Harrold, the Snow Health Center, the Rec I/M and Porter, was found vandalized on Wednesday. Police believe someone must have torn up the flags sometime in the night, the missing flags were found around campus. Although there was no camera on the display itself, police are reviewing security camera footage around that area. The case remains open.

DPS stopped a car near the corner of Le Forge Road and Huron River Drive Wednesday in a traffic stop. The two people in the car, who were not EMU students, were cited for possession of marijuana at 5:55 p.m. The case is closed.

There was an unarmed robbery on the 1000 block of Huron River Drive at 8:45 p.m. According to a timely warning email, the EMU student was assaulted by 5 unidentified females. The report says they took her wallet, pushed her down and went westbound on Huron River Drive. The student was taken to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. The case remains open and is being investigated by the Ypsilanti Police Department.

Thursday, Oct. 15

An EMU student was the victim of an attempted robbery Thursday night, according to M-Live. The EMU crime log said that at 10:47 p.m. the “student was approached by two males who produced a gun telling him he was being robbed.” But according to M-Live, the gun was a toy. In the course of the robbery they opened the trunk and tried to put the student inside. The student fought back and the gun broke into pieces. M-Live said the two suspects then said it was a prank, and left. This took place at a parking lot north of campus. The case remains open.