News Briefs, Nov. 10

Thursdays, Nov. 12

Veterans and non-veterans are invited to the Veterans Celebration Luncheon at 1 p.m. in the Student Center, Room 300. There will be free food and an appreciation ceremony for the veteran community. This is LBC approved.

Soul Speak, a support group for women of color, will be meeting at 2 p.m. in the Student Center Kiva Room. According to the Counseling and Psychological Services website, the group “offers a safe, supportive and encouraging space to learn more about yourself and be empowered."

Friday, Nov. 13

Students will have the opportunity to participate in the bi-annual Michigan Collegiate Job Fair, 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Burton Manor, located at 27777 Schoolcraft Rd in Livonia. There will be free shuttle service from the Student Center. Students will be meeting with 100 employers. The event is for graduating students. Tickets cost $10. The next fair will be on March 18th.

The Native American Student Association is holding Poetry Night at 7 p.m. in the Student Center Room 300. Poetry night is open to students to listen to and read their original work. This event is free and LBC approved.

Saturday, Nov. 14

Eastern Michigan University's football team will be playing its last home game against the University of Massachusetts at 3 p.m. According to emueagles.com, the team is going to honor 10 of the seniors on the team.

Sunday, Nov. 15

There will be an Orchestra Concerto Competition from noon to 8 p.m. at Pease Auditorium. This concert is free.