News Briefs, Nov. 14

Monday, Nov. 16

There will be a silent activity called Crossing the Line at 11 a.m in the Student Center Room 310. This will be an exploration of stereotypes, feelings, and different cultures. This is free and LBC approved.

Al Jazeera America journalist Wajahat Ali is going to talk about his play, The Domestic Crusaders at 5:30 p.m. in the Student Center Auditorium. This is about Muslim Americans in a post 9/11 world. His talk is free and LBC approved.

Tuesday, Nov. 17

Candace Dorsey, an Eastern Michigan University Department of Public Safety officer in the SVU unit, will be hosting Campus Violence & Safety at 11 a.m. in McKenny room 100. The talk will be on defining sexual assault, domestic violence and dating violence. It will also be about myths, the law and how police and the courts go about investigations. This event is free.

Visiting academics from Brazil's Federal University of Minas Gerias will be hosting a diversity roundtable at 3 p.m. Tuesday in the Student Center Room 300. This event is free and LBC approved.

EMU faculty, students and staff will be sharing their photography at the Student Center Room 236. This all day event, Telling Your Story Through Photography, is free and LBC approved.

Wednesday, Nov. 18

EMU alumnus Anouar Smaine will be showing his film Sharia, about an American and a Middle Easterner and their cultures from 1-4 p.m., Wednesday in the Student Center Room 208. This is free and LBC approved.