Students at last years Thanksgiving dinner.

The Office of International Students and Scholars to host annual Thanksgiving Dinner

The Office of International Students and Scholars is hosting its annual Thanksgiving Dinner at 6 p.m. Friday in the Student Center Ballroom.

The event is for international students to learn more about the American tradition. Americans are also welcome to attend and meet international students and eat a meal together.

The meal will be catered by EMU and will consist of traditional Thanksgiving food including turkey and mashed potatoes. There will also be vegetarian options and halal meat included for Muslim students.

In addition to learning about different traditions, attendees will be also presented with a slideshow showing pictures of this year so far, Thanksgiving-related crafts and a photo booth, a crowd favorite from last year’s event.

Johanna Swanson, Events and Programming Coordinator at OISS, said this is a chance to meet new people and share a fun night of gratitude spanning national and international [borders]. She said she hopes everyone will learn, enjoy and have a good time together.

“Thanksgiving is so ingrained in the American culture,” Swanson said. “We want to show our students that as much as we can.”

Doors will open at 5 p.m. and attendees are encouraged to dress semi-formal/business casual for the event.

Tickets for the event, which cost $10, will be on sale at the OISS front desk in the Student Center Room 240. They are only accepting cash.

For more information and upcoming events by OISS visit http://www.emich.edu/oiss/index.html.