Police Blotter, Nov. 1

Sunday, Oct. 24

DPS pulled over a non-student on the corner of Mansfield and Washtenaw at 2:24 a.m. Sunday. After being pulled over for a broken headlight, the man had difficulty stopping his vehicle and failed a field sobriety test. He was arrested and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail where he failed a breath test. The case has been closed and has been referred to the prosecutor.

DPS responded to a call at 3:51 a.m. Sunday. A student in Buell Hall was taken to St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital for being unsafely intoxicated. They were called by the student's roommate. The student has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

A student reported at 3:57 p.m., Sunday, that their tires had been punctured on Saturday. The student left their car in North Lot at 5:30 p.m. on Oct. 18 and found the tires vandalized at 1:30 p.m. on Oct. 24. DPS is reviewing camera footage.

Another student reported the same crime at 5:04 p.m., Oct. 18. The student parked their car in the North Lot at noon that day and came back at 1:30 p.m. to find their tires were vandalized. DPS is reviewing footage for this case.

Monday, Oct. 25

Student housing reported a drunk student at 1:28 a.m. Monday in Buell Hall. DPS took the heavily intoxicated student to St. Joseph’s Mercy Hospital. The case is closed and the student has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

A student was pulled over in a traffic stop at 2:34 a.m. Monday on the corner of Huron River Drive and LeForge Road. The minor was found to be transporting alcohol in an open container and had a blood alcohol level between 0.02% and 0.07%. The student has been referred to the Office of Student Conduct.

A student reported a stolen laptop at 12:44 p.m. Monday in Halle Library. DPS is investigating the case.

DPS responded to a call at 2:53 p.m., Monday, for "harassing comments" towards Building D of The Village. DPS says the conversation took place over Twitter between midnight and 2 p.m. about a breakup. The case has been closed.

A student reported cash was stolen from their room at 11:59 p.m., Monday, in Walton Hall. The student had left the door propped open and believes the cash was stolen between 9:30 and 11:30 p.m. DPS is investigating the case.