Police Blotter, Nov. 14

Monday, Nov. 9

A campus guest reported at 10:58 a.m. that their car was keyed. The car was parked in Sill Lot at 6:15 p.m. Nov. 1. DPS is reviewing camera footage. DPS said they did not know why the guest waited so long to report the crime. This case remains open.

DPS assisted in the case of the attempted kidnapping at Peninsular Place Apartments at 6:40 p.m., Monday, Nov. 9. The Ypsilanti Police Department is in charge of this case, which remains open. According to a press release from the Ypsilanti police, 1 of the 3 suspects was arrested and the victim is safe. Officers from both departments drew their weapons, but did not ultimately have to use them. The other two suspects remain at large.

A student living in Hoyt reported a burglary, just before 9:00 p.m. The student left their door unlocked at 10 a.m. on Nov. 6 9:30 p.m., Nov. 8. A foam mattress and headphones were taken. This case remains open.

A student reported that their cell phone was stolen, at 9:30 p.m. The student left their phone under a coat at the basketball courts between 7 and 9:30 p.m. When they went to retrieve their property, the phone was gone. DPS is reviewing security camera footage. The case remains open.

DPS responded to a student's call to Pittman at 11:40 p.m. A non-EMU student was being loud and disruptive in the hallway in what DPS described as an altercation with a girlfriend. The man was cited for trespassing on campus.

Tuesday, Nov. 10

A student's bike was stolen from a bike rack between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. at Pittman Hall. DPS is reviewing camera footage. This case remains open.

Wednesday, Nov. 11

A student in Downing Hall was the victim of identity theft. The student reported that $8,000 was stolen, after their PayPal account was hacked. DPS is working with the company to trace who committed the crime and where this money might have been used. The investigation is still in its early stages but DPS said it was possible that they would recruit EMU's IT division to assist them.

A student reported at 9 p.m. that their car tire was punctured sometime between noon and 8:15 p.m. that day. The victim says that someone was upset with them when they parked their car. DPS is checking camera footage.