Police Blotter, Nov. 9

Eastern Michigan University's Department of Public Safety dealt with a number of incidents over the week.

Monday, Nov. 2, 2015.

• DPS pulled over a car at the intersection of Le Forge and Railroad street at 1:04 a.m. The two non-EMU students in the car were arrested because the DPS officer “smelled intoxicants.” During a background check, they found both suspects were wanted on warrants in Wayne and Genesee counties. Inside the car, they found the suspects were also in possession of heroin, paraphernalia, marijuana and pills. The two suspects were transported to the counties were they had warrants and DPS will be pursuing warrants in Washtenaw county later.
  • Student housing reported the smell of marijuana in Sellers at 10:23 p.m. DPS responded and a student was found with marijuana. The case has been referred to student conduct.

Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2015.

• An EMU student in Walton reported overhearing another student receiving harassing phone calls at 12:18 p.m. DPS says that since the alleged victim never contacted them, there isn't anything criminal to investigate, but it was added to the crime log for statistical reasons. The case is still officially open, however.
  • Two people, who are not EMU students, were involved in a disturbing the peace incident at 10:56 p.m. This was near the corner of Emmet and Ballard streets. DPS says both people were at a party and a scuffle broke out. One of them called DPS, who responded. They broke it up and no charges will be filled.

There were no crimes reported for Wednesday Nov. 4.

DPS went through a series of training exercises Thursday Nov. 5.