News Briefs, Dec. 8

Thursday, Dec. 10

The Muslim Student Association will host Faces of Hope at 5 p.m. in the Student Center, Room 310A. The event will feature cancer survivors and researchers from the American Cancer Society. This is free and LBC approved.

Danielle Rante, an associate printmaking professor at Wright State University, will be visiting Eastern for a guest lecture about her work in printmaking at 5:30 p.m. in Halle Library, room G03. at 5:30. For more information, contact Greg Tom at gtom@emich.edu.

Campus Life will be hosting an Open Mic night at 9 p.m. in Student Center Room 300. The free event will feature performances ranging from poetry to music.

Friday, Dec. 11

Straight Outta Compton will be showing at 8 p.m. in the Student Center Auditorium. The showing of the movie, based on the making of the landmark CD of the same name, is hosted by Campus Life. The showing is free.

Saturday, Dec. 12

The Convocation Center will be hosting a Holiday Art Fair, from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday and from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday. The fair will feature 100 jury-selected artists and kids activities. Admission costs $5.

Season of Light will be playing from 2:30-3:30 p.m. in the Mark-Jefferson Planetarium. The film will be exploring the “astronomical meanings behind seasonal traditions” according to the EMU Calendar. Admission is $5.