Police Blotter, Dec. 1

Thursday, Nov. 19

DPS arrested an EMU student for assaulting another person with a broom at 1:47 a.m. after responding to a call. DPS could not verify if the person who was assaulted was a student or not. DPS is submitting the case for review to the Washtenaw County prosecutor. The Office of Student Contact has also been contacted.

An ambulance was called at 1:27 p.m. to the Student Center. DPS says two people, one of which was an EMU student, had consumed pot brownies off campus and walked to campus. One of them had an unspecified reaction and passed out. They were taken to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital. This has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.

DPS was notified that several cars were keyed in the College of Business parking structure at 2:37 p.m. This is believed to have happened between 12:30 and 2:30 p.m. on the Nov. 19. DPS is reviewing security camera footage.

A student reported at 3:59 p.m. that someone tried to steal their motorcycle, which was parked in front of Village Building A. DPS reviewed the security cameras around the area and say they have a suspect. They are currently awaiting approval for an arrest warrant against an EMU student.

Friday, Nov. 20

DPS assisted in an assault call with the Ypsilanti Police Department at 12:52 a.m., Friday to North Huron River Drive and LeForge Road where two females were involved in an argument. At some point this became an assault, although DPS would not elaborate how. DPS said they were unable to say whether these were students for technical reasons. One of them was arrested for disorderly conduct and resisting a police officer.

A student reported a stolen pair of jeans at 12:37 p.m. The student has accused their roommate of stealing the jeans. DPS has handed this case over to the Office of Student Conduct.

The Dining Commons reported a counterfeit $50 bill at 5:43 p.m. They say they found it while checking their tills. DPS is reviewing security cameras and the sales records.

Saturday, Nov. 21

A student was found to be in possession of marijuana at 12:55 a.m. in Buell. This matter has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.

DPS pulled over a driver for drunk driving at 1:02 a.m. at the corner of Oakwood and Structure Drive. The underage driver was arrested for operating while intoxicated. The passenger was cited for MIP and paraphernalia. DPS said they were unable to say whether these were students for technical reasons.

An EMU student reported being the victim of first degree Criminal Sexual Conduct at 1:47 p.m. on Nov. 1. The student reported it to the EMU police at 10:30 p.m. on Nov. 21. According to the EMU crime log, “the subject reported unwanted sexual contact with an acquaintance.” DPS says they have made contact with both students. This case is still under investigation.

Sunday, Nov. 22

A student left their wallet unattended between 1 and 3 p.m. in the Olds-Robb Student Complex. The wallet was gone when they went to retrieve it. This case was closed on Nov. 23.

Monday, Nov. 23

An EMU student lost their textbook around 10 p.m. on Nov. 15 in the lounge of Hill Hall. The student placed paper fliers around campus to find it. The student received a call but the caller demanded money. The student agreed to meet the caller but did not mention showing up with the police. DPS could not verify if the accused perpetrator is a student, but they have submitted extortion charges with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor.

Tuesday, Nov. 24

Windows in Sill Hall were broken with a rock sometime between 8:00 p.m. on Nov. 11 and 8:00 p.m. on Nov. 12. DPS received the report at 1:54 p.m. on Nov. 24. Nothing was stolen and no cameras witnessed this happening. DPS said they don't know why there was a delay in reporting this.

DPS pulled over a driver at 2:24 a.m. for going the wrong way down Cross Street. DPS could not confirm if this was an EMU student. The driver was arrested for driving with a blood alcohol content of 0.08 percent +.

A student reported that their trunk had been keyed at 1:54 p.m. in Ann Street Lot. This car was parked there from 9:00 a.m. to 1:20 p.m. This case is still open.

An RA inspection in Cornell uncovered an unspecified amount of marijuana, at 6:26 p.m., Tuesday. DPS has handed this case to the Office of Student Conduct.

Two women were cited for drunkenness in the parking structure by Halle Library, at 10:30 p.m. DPS could not confirm if these were EMU students.

Wednesday, Nov. 25

DPS stopped a man who was walking a bike while carrying an open beer near the corner of Washtenaw and Hewitt at 6:48 p.m. The man, who DPS could not confirm was an EMU student, was drunk. DPS discovered the man had bench warrants and he was taken to the Washtenaw County Jail.

A non-EMU student was cited for drunkenness at 10:34 p.m. at the corner of Ballard and Cross Street. DPS took the man to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital.

Thursday, Nov. 26

DPS responded to a call at 12:01 a.m. on Wednesday about a car blocking traffic at the corner of Washtenaw and Ballard. One person was cited for drug paraphernalia after a jar of marijuana was found in the vehicle. DPS could not confirm if this was an EMU student.

DPS pulled over a car for a traffic violation at 2:02 a.m., Wednesday, at the corner of Oakwood and Mayhew. DPS could not say if this was an EMU student. This person was arrested for operating while intoxicated and taken to the Washtenaw County Jail. DPS is waiting for blood test results.

There were no incidents reported for Nov. 27 or 28. DPS arrested two people for bench warrants on the Nov. 29.