Police Blotter, Dec. 8

Thursday, Dec. 3

DPS pulled over a car for a traffic violation at 12:23 a.m. at the corner of Michigan Avenue and Huron. DPS found that this non-EMU student was in possession of marijuana and brass knuckles. They said they have submitted charges with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor's Office for consideration. They also arrested the driver for warrants in Detroit.

There was a burglary in Kalamazoo Township. The victim later discovered their belongings, including a PS4, Xbox and Nintendo Wii, on Craigslist. The seller demanded money for a transaction that was going to take place at EMU’s Ann Street Lot. DPS met and arrested the seller for possession of stolen property. They are seeking charges with the Washtenaw County Prosecutor. The Kalamazoo end is also seeking burglary charges in that county.

Friday, Dec. 4

DPS pulled over a car for a traffic violation at 2:08 a.m. at the corner of Michigan and Ballard. DPS cited the two non-EMU students for narcotic paraphernalia that was found in the vehicle.

DPS arrested an unidentified man in the Student Center for trespassing charges. This man has been banned from campus for an unidentified reason. They also had a bench warrant out for their arrest for failing to appear in court for the same trespassing charge. DPS arrested him for that bench warrant and will be seeking the same charge again from the Washtenaw County Prosecutor.

Saturday, Dec. 5

Two students were transported to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital Saturday night for intoxication. DPS found them at 2:51 a.m. in Downing Hall. Both students were minors. This case has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.

DPS pulled over a car at 5:34 p.m. at the corner of Hamilton and Michigan Avenue for an equipment violation. Marijuana was found in the car and the non-EMU student was cited for paraphernalia.

DPS pulled a car over at 6:28 p.m. at the corner of Harriet and South Adams. When they came up to the windows they could smell marijuana in the car. One of the two non-EMU students was cited. The other was arrested on warrants.

Sunday, Dec. 6

One of three students who were drinking in Best Hall was taken to St. Joseph Mercy Hospital to detox at 1:28. p.m. This has been handed over to the Office of Student Conduct.

A phone and purse were stolen from the Convocation Center sometime between 7:00 p.m. on Dec. 5 and 12:30 p.m. on the Dec. 6. This was reported to DPS at 10:27 a.m. on Dec. 6. DPS is reviewing security cameras.