New Year resolutions

American author of self-help books, Melody Beattie, once said, “The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”

All around campus, students and professors alike are embracing the fresh start the new year has to offer by coming up with their resolutions and setting goals. Senior and Sports Marketing major, Scott Fleming, said, “My goal for the new year is to golf more, because I want to get better. I also really want to join a league when the season starts again in March. To accomplish this, I want to visit Miles of Golf on Carpenter Road more often because they are open 24/7 and have heaters so I can use their driving range in the winter.”

Fleming also shares, “I got a new set of Nike clubs for Christmas and I can’t wait to use them!”

That sure does sounds like a great combination of tools and motivation.

Sophomore Education major, Zachary Bongiorno, is looking to get more involved within his faith.

“I want to have a better relationship with God day to day, because we aren’t guaranteed tomorrow,” said Bongiorno.

When asking Bongiorno how he plans to accomplish his goal, he replied, “By praying everyday, fulfilling my calling in preaching the word to anyone who will hear it and just simply loving people. I want people to see the love I have for Jesus.”

German professor, Silvia Grzeskowiak, also has some insight into what she wants her new year to hold for her.

“2016 is the beginning of anything I want,” Grzeskowiak said. “I will succeed in everything I set my mind to by having my priorities straight, being myself all the time and by not being manipulated by anyone. I also aspire to work hard, but also find some quiet hours for myself to enjoy the little things in life, which are perhaps the most important things of all.”