News Briefs, Jan. 10

Eastern Michigan University's Intermedia Gallery Group is going to be hosting their Annual Juried Student Show this week. This exhibit, in the Ford Gallery, will display undergraduate artwork from 10 different concentrations. The exhibit is free and open to students and faculty Monday, Jan. 11 through Friday, Jan. 15 from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.

Another exhibition will be held at the Student Center's University Gallery all week at the same hours. This Faculty Exhibition “features the work of both the full and adjunct faculty members of EMU's art department,” according to the EMU Calendar. Everything from paintings to sculptures, to video, to ceramics will be available at this free exhibition.

Snow Health Center will be hosting a flu vaccine and TB screening day Monday, Jan. 11, from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. To make it affordable, the center has attained funding from Student Government and Alana's Foundation. Alana's Foundation is a family-based health advocate.

Students interested in joining a student organization will be able to engage with quite a few of them in one place at the Winter Fest & Ice Skating Night, Tuesday, Jan. 12. Starting at 5:00 p.m. there will be ice skating and free hot chocolate inside the Student Center Ballroom.

EMU's Men's basketball team will be facing off against Buffalo, Tuesday, Jan. 12 at 7:00 p.m., at the EMU Convocation Center. Tickets are $12 and are available at emueagles.com/tickets.

The LGBT Resource Center will be welcoming back students Wednesday, Jan. 13, in the Student Center's room 350. From 1:30 to 3:00 p.m., free hot chocolate will be provided along with numerous games for students to participate in. All EMU staff and students are welcome.

That same evening, the LGBT Resource Center will then be hosting COBO: Coming Out and Being Out. This will be an hour and a half long LGBTQ+ support group, which will meet at 5:00 p.m. at the student center's room 347. This free support group will be a chance for students to talk about how to navigate being LGBTQ+ on a college campus.

EMU's Women's basketball team will be playing the Ohio Bobcats, Wednesday, Jan. 14, at 7:00 p.m. This game will be in the Convocation Center. Tickets for this game are $10 and are available at emueagles.com/tickets.

Thursday will be the start of several days of celebrations for MLK Day. For more information, see the preview.