Police Blotter, Jan. 29

Monday, Jan. 25, 2016.

• An EMU student called the Department of Public Safety at 1:31 p.m. to report that someone had used his Higher One card fraudulently. The student still has the card, but his account was used at 6 locations in Detroit for charges totaling around $1,500, according to DPS. DPS believes that the card number, or perhaps a cloned card was used. They are in the process of contacting the stores where the money was spent between 8:00 a.m. Jan. 22 and 8:00 a.m. Jan. 24.

Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2016.

• DPS assisted the Ypsilanti Police Department in an assault call on Washington Street at 10:50 p.m. Because this case is being investigated by YPD, the DPS spokesman would not make any further comment.
  • A patrolling officer came across an intoxicated man sleeping in the bus shelter on West Circle Drive Thursday afternoon. At 2:50 p.m., the non-student was taken to St. Joseph Mercy's Hospital. No charges are being sought.
  • An EMU student called DPS at 10:51 p.m., after finding that their car window had been broken in. This is believed to have happened between 6:00 p.m. and 10:51 p.m. There is no indication that anything was stolen. There are no suspects at this time.

Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2016.

• Student Parking called DPS at 12:53 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 27, to report that a car parked in Ford lot was using a fraudulent parking tag. They found the car and discovered that the student’s tag was indeed fake. No charges or ticket was issued. DPS has handed this case to Student Conduct.
  • Student Parking called DPS at 1:20 p.m. for a car parked in North Campus lot with a fraudulent parking pass. The student has been referred to student conduct.
  • Housing staff called DPS at 5:53 p.m. when an EMU student was banging on the door of another student in Hoyt. The student was having an unspecified dispute with the resident, who wouldn't let them into their room. No charges are being sought. DPS has handed the case over to student conduct.
  • DPS responded to an assault in Westview at 7:54 p.m. An EMU student who lives there was assaulted by someone that DPS described as her “child's father.” The father was arrested for assault and for bench warrants from Oakland County. The child wasn't harmed.
  • Housing staff in Hill called DPS to report the smell of marijuana coming from a student’s room. DPS knocked on the student's door at 10:19 p.m. The student acknowledged that they had smoked marijuana earlier that evening. The student is being referred to Student Conduct.