News briefs Feb. 17

The International Conversation Club will be meeting in King Hall 319, Thursday Feb. 18, at 3:30 p.m. This LBC approved gathering is for international and American students to discuss a multitude of topics from different international perspectives.

University of Michigan Professor Stephen Berry will be at Halle Library at 5:00 p.m., Thursday. The book he will discuss, the Jim Crow Routine, examines race relations during that era. This is free and LBC approved.

The College of Business is going to be hosting a six-hour career workshop called Futures Now! from 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday, Feb. 19. According to their eventbrite.com page, they will be talking stress management, how to be professional on social media, etc. This will help students plot a course for their future careers. This is free and LBC approved.

Disney animation artist Matthis Lechner is going to be visiting EMU, Friday. He will be giving an hour-long behind-the-scenes lecture in 100 Roosevelt at 11:00 a.m. He will be talking about Disney's new movie Zootopia. According to a press release from the university, he will be talking about techniques such as film environment, sets and how they come up with the humanoid animal characters. There will also be a Q & A session. Attendance is free and LBC approved, but the university has asked that anyone who's interested should RSVP at zootopiaEMU@gmail.com.

The EMU Gymnastics team will be hosting Western at the Convocation Center, Friday. It starts at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $5.

The men's basketball team is going to be playing Toledo at noon, Saturday, Feb. 20. This game will be in the Convocation Center and tickets will be $12.

The women's basketball team will be playing Northern Illinois at the Convocation Center, Saturday. This game will start at 2:30 p.m. Tickets will be $10.