News briefs, Feb 29.

Eastern Michigan University is ready for business again now that break is over.

Early College Alliance Principal Ellen Ficher will be delivering her dissertation defense, Monday, Feb 29. at 3:30 p.m. This will be in 301 Porter.

Pottery is a diverse art form. Forty different potters from all different backgrounds will be showing their utilitarian wares at the Student Center Art Gallery for the After all These Years Exhibit. The point of the exhibit is to demonstrate how they will still enjoy creating artwork after years of doing it. The exhibit will go from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Tuesday through Thursday.

The EMUmen’s basketballteam will be playing Northern Illinois at the Convocation Center, Tuesday, March 1. This Senior Night game starts at 7:00 p.m.Ticketswill be $12.

The EMU swimming and dive team will be hosting the MAC Championships Wednesday, from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Thursday from 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Both will be at the Jones Pool. Attendance is free.

EMU alumni Kristi Mitchell will be returning to Eastern to present the lecture Zebrafish Gut Colonization and Intoxication by Vibrio Cholera, Wednesday, at 3:30 p.m. This will be at Mark-Jefferson, room 154. This is free and LBC approved.

The Honors College will be hosting the Inspiring Women in History Panel, Wednesday, at 4:00 p.m. This will be a panel of four EMU women including faculty, staff and students, who will speak on a historical woman who inspired them. This is free and LBC approved.